12-Step Problem-Solving Process
A 12-Question Roadmap for Developing a Plan-Of-Action to accomplish a task, achieve a goal, or solve a problem. Plus 6 related Quotations.
- What do I want to accomplish; what is my goal, purpose or objective?
- Why is this important to me; what are the rewards and end-result benefits of achieving this goal or solving this problem?
- What obstacles, roadblocks or barriers stand in the way of my objective?
- What are some possible solutions for dealing with the above obstacles?
- What questions do I need answers to; what information do I need?
- Where, or from whom, can I get the answers to my questions or the information I need?
- Who do I need to assist in this project?
- What services do I need provided?
- What materials and/or equipment do I need?
- Where can I find the materials and/or the equipment that I need?
- How much will the completion of this project cost in time and money; how can it be financed?
- When will this goal, project or task be started; when does it need to be completed; what are my target dates, what are my deadlines?
Quotes to Help You
A goal is a dream with a deadlineHarvey Mackay
Some goals are so worthy, it’s glorious to even failH. Jackson Brown, Jr.
The biggest problem in the world could have been solved when it was smallWitter Bynne
A problem well-stated is half solvedCharles F. Ketterin
Do what you can, with what you have, where you areTheodore Roosevelt
No man does anything from a single motiveSamuel Taylor Coleridge